Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cheyenne


This week was fantastic!!! Crazy busy, but still so good!! We had two exchanges, a specialized training up in Fishers with the Missionary Department and zone training!! So not a whole lot of time in our own area, but it was still fantastic!!

On Monday, we met Cheyenne, a cousin that just moved in with the Farleys! Sister Farley is bed bound due to her MS. She joined the church last November after her two kids had joined the church over the summer! She loves the gospel and how simple it is -- and had been sharing her love of it with Cheyenne since she had moved in about a week prior. Cheyenne is 18, almost 19 years old. She is working on getting her stuff finished up for her GED and getting a job. She actually had been attending a non-denominational Christian church and was baptized there when she lived up in Plainfield, Indiana. We were able to meet with her several times during the week with the Farley family and share with her the truths that we love. I think the lesson that I remember the most with her is probably the restoration. She loved how easily she could relate to Joseph Smith, the fact that she has been searching for truth, just as Joseph was. As we shared Joseph's experience in his own words, the spirit flooded the room. Actually I am going to share those words now, because the spirit that comes, every time we hear them is undeniable.

Joseph went to a grove of trees to pray to know which church he should join, which church had the truth and which church was God's. This was his experience "I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said pointing to the other, 'This is my beloved Son, hear him."
I know that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and saw Jesus Christ that day. I feel the spirit so strongly every time I have the opportunity to share His experience. Through Joseph Smith, a fullness of truth, God's priesthood authority was restored to the earth. We have the opportunity to once again live and enjoy the fullness of the everlasting gospel.

As we shared this with Cheyenne and her eyes filled with tears. She could feel God's love for her through this experience!!! She has struggled with a lot, but she is starting to understand just how much living the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless her. We invited her to pray to know if the things that we shared were true. In our next lesson, a couple of days later she shared with us that she received a confirmation for herself of what she shared. That she knew it was true!! She came to church on Sunday and absolutely loved it!!! She even spoke up in Relief Society! Cheyenne is now preparing to be baptized on Saturday, August 16th. We are so excited for her in this process. She is going to come closer to God then she has ever been before!!!!


I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity that I have to serve the Lord here in Indiana, that I can teach people like Cheyenne!!!!! She is fantastic! I would not trade this experience for anything. Thank you for your continued love and support!!

<3 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment