Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Its still cold



I was super bummed that I didn’t get to email yesterday, but that is okay, because the library is open today!! It is weird to think that probably before the end of my mission we will have technology and maybe even the capacity (IPADs) to email from our apartments. Which will just be crazy awesome!!! But now to tell you about my week!

1. We went to the ZOO yesterday!! We got in for a can donation, so my entire zone went! It was really fun. A lot of the animals weren’t outside, but at 40 degrees, I don't blame them. Though we really did enjoy this warm weather!!! Sorry I forgot my camera cord, so pictures will have to come next week!

2. Ashley KNOWS the Book of Mormon is true!! We had a lesson with her at the Bishop's house! She told us that she had been praying about whether or not it was true for a while. I mean she knew it was good and she believed it, but she wanted to know that is was true with out a doubt. She said she had been praying and studying it and decided to ask Heavenly Father to show her that it was true. She said she opened the book and the verse she read was exactly what she needed to hear. It was Alma 16:17 " "! We then did a happy dance :) I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers.

3. On Friday our morning appointments canceled so we went and shoveled a few investigator’s and member’s driveways. It was fun and freezing cold. And then Saturday afternoon it snowed 4 more inches. At least it is the thought that counts.

4. Our mission has a new standard of excellence. This means that there is a standard mission wide of how many lessons we are suppose to teach each week (20) and standard for new investigators, lessons with a member present, and investigators at church and with a baptismal date. The standards mission wide are pretty reasonable (about what I have gotten my whole mission) but then for the leadership, they are double, except for the total number of lessons taught! Last week we were able to meet ALL of the standards except for how many investigators came to church! It was amazing to see how when we set these goals and then really put our minds to it how the Lord provided a way. I am so incredibly grateful that this is the Lord's work and not my work. All I have to worry about is teaching faith and repentance :) the rest is in His hands!

5. We found 5 new investigators this week!!!!!!! It was awesome! I guess that is what happens when you go to Indy to knock doors. Must do more often. Now to see how solid they are..........

6. Our cars got grounded AGAIN. Who knew I would get grounded on my mission. CRAZY. Kind of like this Indiana weather. Thank goodness for lots of layers and warm cars we can drive (most) of the time!

7. My testimony of the Book of Mormon just in the past couple of weeks has grown so much! I think Ashley gaining that witness was the icing on the cake for me this past week :) The fullness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ is in the Book of Mormon!!! Reading it will only bless our lives! I have learned more about my Savior and how to become like Him then I have from anything else! As I have been able to share it I have gained an even stronger testimony of its divinity! I wish I could give it to everyone to read!!!! I love it!! If it was feasible to carry 20 copies in my bag so I could hand it out like candy.... I totally would. So yes I love the Book of Mormon!!!

Thank you for all of your love and continued support... and again I am sorry I don’t have my camera cord. I know the pictures are probably the best part anyways......

LOVE YOU <3 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment