Monday, September 8, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

Here is Sarah's news from September 2

This week was fantastic!!! I feel like every email now starts that way..... which of course is awesome!!!! This last week was pretty busy- 

Monday was preparation day an Family Home Evening
Tuesday we mostly "PC"ed (personal contacted) on campus and meet lots of amazing new people!
Wednesday was Sister Hales and Elder Bakers birthdays! and President Cleveland came on a church tour with us with a member, Kaley and her non-member Jewish friend Daniel!
Thursday we had Zone Conference!!! It was super exciting we used the office missionaries IPADs to video our role plays... talk about instant feed back!
Friday we had an awesome exchange with the sisters who are serving in the White River Ward.
Saturday we exchanged with the sisters who are serving in Plainfield 
Sunday is game day at church!! We were super excited that our investigators, Elliot and Yolanda came!!! plus lots of other meetings!

So not that you necessarily wanted a play by play on my week... long story short it was lots of fun and lots of work! It sure is a good thing that I love being busy :)

So amazing miracle of the week!!! YOLANDA HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!!! So Yolanda has been coming to church for nearly 10 years. Her mom and her sisters are both members, she just has never felt totally ready to make that commitment. When things got pretty rough for her last year she decided to meet with missionaries again, so she has been investigating the church for a while. !! After talking to our branch president, President Myers, we were pumped because he also had had the strong impression that she needed to get baptized sooner rather then later. Her original goal was to be baptized next summer! We felt like this was way far away and that she needed the gift of the Holy Ghost and the blessings that come from making a covenant with God much sooner. So we shared all of this with her on Friday and had a sweet lesson with her about the blessings that come from being baptized. At the end of the lesson she agreed that she would pray about being baptized on September 13th.
So, fast forward to Sunday, after church I am chatting with her in the hall. I asked the usual like how she was doing and what she like about church and stuff. I then asked her if she had prayed about the 13th and what she thought about it. She started to list off a bunch of excuses... like I don't feel ready and I don't know if I will be a good mormon and this is a transition period for me and I don't know if I want one more change and so on. I wanted to but in and ask her to think about the blessings, but instead I decided to just listen. At the end (which felt like and eternity, but in reality was probably only like 2 or 3 minutes) she finished with a simple "but yeah the 13th sounds good to me." I think scared her with how excited I was!!!! hahahhahaha We are just so excited with her. She for sure has some set backs still (just with her own desire and feeling prepared.. so if you wouldn't mind praying for her that would be great!) but we are so exciting that she is so willing to take this HUGE leap of faith. I know that the blessings that come from being baptized, making promises with God and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, those things are invaluable! We can not make it through this life with out the gift of the Holy Ghost, the Spirit, the 3rd member of the Godhead to guide us! I am so grateful for a God who loves and is going to do everything He can to help us return to live with him again! We are super pumped for her baptism and hopefully there will be many more to come!!!!! 

Well that is probably all for today!!!! I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity I have to be a full time missionary!!! Everyday I have the wonderful opportunity of seeing the had of the Lord in my life! I am so grateful for this marvelous work!!! I love you all and thank you so much again for your support!! 




<3 Sister Sarah Mumford 


No comments:

Post a Comment