Monday, September 8, 2014

State Fair Gators and Goats

This week was fantastic!!! So many adventures!! And Sister Hales, just like last week is wonderful!! We work so well together!! I am just so grateful that we became such fast friends. Being a missionary when you get to work so closely with someone you love just makes it that much more rewarding! 

This week was kind of crazy!

So Michael is progressing wonderfully !!! We taught him the Word of Wisdom this week. Actually, he was super hesitant at first. He didnt feel like he could give up drinking tea. We of course gave him a pep talk and told him that of course he could. The next day, we asked how living the word of wisdom had been going and he told us that he just threw it all away and was done!!! GO MICHAEL!!! And he announced that his baptism was on the 23rd at 1pm at FHE this week! He already just fits in perfectly with the branch- we love it!!!!! He has his interview this week-- and we only have a few more lessons to teach him.. we are getting pumped for his baptism!! It is really neat to see the change that is happening to him. I feel so lucky as a missionary to have a front row seat to conversion!!! 

Kiki is also doing wonderfully!! She is so sweet!! And Sister Navarro got to come to a lesson with us this week! We were so excited. Actually at the beginning of this week, we were in a bit of a panic. Kiki wasn't returning our texts and when we called her it went straight to voicemail, she didn't show up to her lesson and usually we can find her in the library and we couldn't. So we were pretty frustrated and confused about all of that earlier this week. Well on Friday we got a text from her saying that someone had stolen her phone charger while she was at the library and that it took her a few days to get a new one. We were so grateful that she wasn't dodging us!! I think my favorite thing about teaching Kiki is her love for the gospel!!! If we rewind to two months ago, she had no idea who God was and she didn't have a relationship with him. Baptism was never even a thought of hers. It is amazing to hear her pray because her prayers are so pure. You know that she knows Heavenly Father is there and that he listens. You can feel her desire to grow closer to him! She has been experiencing some opposition from her friends but she said that she doesn't care what they say because she knows that she is doing the right thing! Boy oh boy I just love her!!! 

And on an exciting note, last night I got to see Muttie and Sue Fleener at the "Why I Believe" fireside. It was sooooo good to see them again!! They are just as sweet as ever. The first thing that Muttie did was come up and give me a huge HUG! haha gotta love him. Thank goodness I have permission from President to hug him!!! 

Okay.... so now it is story time. On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the state fair and help some members show their goats..... THAT'S right.. you heard what I said... SHOWED GOATS. So Sister Hales knew this family from one of her last areas and they needed some help showing their goats. A couple of other missionaries that also served in that area who are now in Indy also got to go! It was crazy. Never in my life did I ever think that I would show goats, I mean milking a goat was enough, but showing goats! So we would take the goat and walk around the ring in front of the judge and then we would ask to stop and we would have to place the goats feet (which invovled moving them to the right positions-- so their udders looked the best). It was crazy fun!!!!! And kind of stinky. I think every goat I showed stopped and peed when we were parading around. Talk about an adventure!!!! But really :)

At the Fair with Sister Cooley Sister Hunt and Sister Hales


Well I love you all!! I hope you have an amazing week and thank you for your love and support! I really love it when I get to hear from you all!! 

<3 Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment