Friday, September 6, 2013

Reunited




Wednesday we went to a mission conference. Elder Switzer and President Cleveland both trained. It was an amazing meeting!! It was so fun to see Sister Blacker (my MTC companion) and Sister Vidmar again.. oh and my 4th or 5th cousin Elder Craven-- like a little mini- MTC district reunited! To hear these men talk about their love for missionary work and to teach us was fantastic

Sadly, we did not get to meet with Mandy this week, she is still very sick :( Sister Hamblin and I were able to fast for her this Sunday. She has such a strong desire to learn more and grow closer to our Heavenly Father, I know everything will work out, we just need to be patient and keep praying for her health. 

We were able to meet with one of our other investigators Nick, I think I wrote about him last week, but I am not entirely sure. He is fantastic. He wants to over come several things in his life. He wants to quit smoking, he wants to let go of his past, he wants his family to be centered on Christ and he wants to be baptized. He is so prepared. In our lesson yesterday, he actually told us that he know he needs help and wants to come closer to his savior, but he knows that he needs us (the missionaries) to be his guides. Talk about prepared. I am pretty sure that he made my week!!! 

Thank you all for your continued love and support. I know I couldn't be here without all of you behind me! I felt your prayers and your love this week. Thank you for all that you do to enable me to do the Lord's work. 






This is my "step-family" It goes Sister Barrett (step-aunt), Sister Tagg (step-gma), Sister Hamblin (step mom), Sister Blacker (step-aunt and MTC comp!!), Sister Vidmar (Step cousin- also from MTC district!), and Me!

 
This is Naradah who comes to lost of lessons with us :) I am sure you know that I think she is fantastic!!
I got to see Sister Blacker on Wednesday.... BEST DAY EVER... we are both praying we get to be companions again soon!!!





1 comment: